- Trimble® AllSport GPS™ applications and service plans provide fitness training enthusiasts with a revolutionary new way to track their workouts and performance. Designed to run on GPS-enabled cell phones and in web browsers, the AllSport GPS software combines the advanced technology of Global Positioning System (GPS) and mobile communications, making fitness training and performance management easier, cheaper, and more accessible to American consumers.
- Bikely helps cyclists share knowledge of good bicycle routes.
Bike Route Toaster.com
- course creation application primarily aimed at Garmin Edge/Forerunner owners although other users without a GPS may also find it useful for planning rides. Courses are created using Google maps and then downloaded from the server.
- Connect replaced MotionBased: a web application that translates GPS data into functional analysis and online mapping for endurance and outdoor athletes. Owned by the Garmin GPS company.
- is an innovative web service is designed to help you get the most out of your love for cycling. It can help you connect with the cycling community in your area, and even create one if it doesn't exist yet. You can find other cyclists or riding groups, find new rides in your area, coordinate events with other riders, and map out your favorite routes to use yourself and to share with others. Finally, you can log your cycling activities and get reports to help you keep track of your history.
- A social training log for runners, triathletes, and cyclists. Dailymile is the easiest way to share your training with friends and stay motivated.
- EveryTrail is a global web2.0 platform for geo-tagged user-generated travel content that’s changing the way millions of people share travel experiences and plan trips. EveryTrail makes it easy to share travel experiences, through interactive maps that include photos plotted along your trip route.
- a resource for runners, joggers, walkers, hikers, bicyclist, or anyone that is interested in finding out the distance of a route, trail, or other place.
- This is a little hack that uses Google's superb mapping application to help record distances traveled during a running or walking workout.
- The way cool mapping tool that started it all...
- An unofficial Google Maps blog tracking the websites, mashups and tools being influenced by Google Maps.
- Have you ever wanted to track your running and wellness side-by-side with your friends? Have you ever wanted to utilize a program that makes it easy and fun to input your running and wellness information? If so, Run Log has what you need. Using this tool should help you track your running performance as well as keep personal notes along the way.
Map It Pronto.com
- Plan a route along the road using your mouse to analyze the Distance, Elevation, Ascent and Descent.
Map My Ride
- Plot your routes over mountains (view elevation), through the woods (topo maps), and speeding through the city (street level views) with just a few mouse clicks. Once your cycling map is complete you can quickly view it in 3D, satellite maps, or share it with friends.
Ride With GPS.com
- a recreational route sharing community. We want cyclists, motorcyclists, runners, hikers, mountain bikers, and anyone else who is involved in a route-oriented sport to love our tool. Our goal is to provide the best route planning application on the internet, the easiest and most powerful GPS data importation and analysis, and the most compelling and useful social networking integration for a tool of its kind.
- an application that can be used to save any of kind of running, cycling or other route. The tool is based on the new interface that Google has provided for their Google Maps program. Developed by a local (Saint Louis) guy Dave Ploch.
- website for cycling enthusiasts. You can map out your favorite bike rides, print out route slips, create elevation profiles for your rides, manage your training log, and interact with other cyclists.
- RunningMap.com is a website for runners, cyclists, hikers or outdoor enthusiasts who want to plan, save and share their routes. Since 2003 Runningmap has been helping runners determine the distance of their routes in a way that was not previously possible. Very nice, easy to use site.
- RunKeeper makes tracking your workouts fun, social, and easy to understand so that you can improve the quality of your fitness.
St Louis Co.com
- Property viewer - good for determining municipalities within Saint Louis County MO.
- SportyPal is an easy to use intuitive application for your mobile phone. You activate it when you start your running, cycling, walking, rollerblading or similar exercise.
- route mapping site - has logic to follow the road. For bike paths and shortcuts that aren't roads, it allows you to "not follow the road." It also has an elevation feature. Feature allows you to create a link to your route and e-mail it to friends.
- TrainingPeaks is the ultimate training log and food diary developed by Peaksware, LLC to help motivated individuals and professionals achieve health, fitness and peak performance. TrainingPeaks Personal Edition customers span the entire lifestyle continuum from elite athletes to first time competitors and everyday individuals looking to take control of their personal nutrition and fitness goals.
- started as a personal project due to the love of cycling and programming. after using other mapping sites, i decided i wanted to make my own mapping site, just the way i want it. this site is the result of that effort (launched 11/2006). it will probably never be finished, so any feedback would be great! offers GPX and Google Earth export plus auto-routing, a feature that makes the route lines "snap" to the road.
- Simply put, it's a free and easy way to create running routes or find one from our member running routes. Calculate Distance, Calculate Pace, Track Calories Burned Running and Explore new Running Routes.
back to: Top of this Page | Bicycle Page | Rob's Index Page